Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Moab

I don't suppose there's any city in the world quite like Moab, Utah. Bikes of all varieties sharing Main Street with every kind of four-wheel-drive vehicle you can imagine. Small town Utah folk sharing the sidewalk with visitors from all over the world. Kids from the local high school swim team sharing the pool with an elderly gentleman in a g-string. All in a little oasis surrounded by red rock and desert at the foot of snow-capped mountains.

Here are a few pictures from a trip we took down there last weekend.

On Friday I rode the Slickrock trail with some friends from work,

while my wife and the baby hiked in Mill Creek Canyon.

That evening we lay in the shade in the park, swam in the city pool and camped out along the Sand Flat road.

The next day we went for a hike in Negro Bill Canyon.

1 comment:

marymary said...

I didn't find it very gentlemanly for the guy at the pool to subject me to that view of his buttocks. If I ever find myself in charge of a municipal pool, I will enact a firm policy against swimming in a loin cloth.