Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Breakfast at Battle Creek

We've enjoyed some unseasonably warm weather the past couple of weeks and while I'm certainly hoping for piles of snow this winter, as long as we have this nice weather, it seems a shame to waste it.

Monday morning, figuring that the change back to standard time would make a 5AM start more manageable, I got up and hiked through Battle Creek Canyon to the saddle between Baldy and Timp before work.

It was a beautiful morning for a hike and here are some pictures to prove it:

It was actually dark as I made my way up the lower part of the canyon, so I took this picture of the stream on the way down.



I passed through some beautiful meadows as the sky became a lighter shade of gray.



The view of Utah Lake back through Battle Creek.



On the north face of Baldy I found some very light snow.



The view into Orem, Provo, and southern Utah County from the saddle.



Looking back at the north face of Baldy on the way back. The sun was up and the amber fields were glowing.



The pictures can't really capture it, but trust me, it was lovely.

No comments: